Thursday, May 8, 2008

No More Dance Classes


The sad day has come that our dance classes have ended. After 10 weeks of classes, Walker and I now know the basic steps to the waltz, foxtrot, rhumba, six-step swing, tango, and the cha-cha.

It was a good experience for us to do. On the first day of class, the teacher told us that the men have to lead and the women are not in charge -- at all. What?! I was also excited to not know anyone, but lo and behold, we walk into the first class and there are two people we know! I was pretty surprised about that. It was definitely a plus having them in the class, though.

My favorite dance is the cha-cha, although I was pretty embarrassed when the teacher called me out in front of the whole class for "dragging my feet." Walker liked the tango because he liked imagining he had a rose between his teeth (those are his own words). My other favorite part was watching the cute old couples. Especially the two old ladies dancing together.

As much as we enjoyed the class, it was a big challenge for me to go during my sick pregnant stage. It did force me to get out of the house, though, and we would usually get ice cream afterwards. That always makes me feel better!

Also, a big thank you to the Aherns for watching Jamison for every class. He enjoyed hanging out with you guys, trashing your house, and patting Matilda.

We're planning on taking the intermediate class next year. Anyone else up for taking it with us?

3 comments:

The Cannons said...

That is really awesome. I think I would like to do that with Scott, but we would not be up to the intermediate challenge I don't think.
Mitzi
p.s. Where did you take the classes?

Liz said...

They were at the Fort Boise Community Center. They have a ton of great classes -- adult tap, belly dancing, pilates, african dance, etc.

Kimberly said...

That sounds like so much fun. My hubby and I used to take swing dance lessons together and we loved it!